Boca Raton Family Vacation | Fun Things to do in Boca Raton
With so many families vacationing in the Boca Raton area every year I thought it might be helpful to put together a list of some fun things you can do with your family. The following list is some of my own family’s favorite Boca Raton spots.
1. Our amazing parks! One of my personal all time favorites is Sugar Sand Park . This huge park boasts nature trails, an amazing newly designed kids play area, water play zone, hands-on science center, sports fields, and carousel. The best part is that almost all of the activities are free of charge!
2. What would a trip to Boca Raton be without a visit to one of our beautiful beaches! Check out the semi-private beaches at Red Reef Park, South Beach Park, and Spanish River Park for an unforgettable experience. If you are interested in snorkeling the rocks off the coast of Red Reef Park is the perfect spot to introduce snorkeling to your kids.
3. If you have older kids looking for a little bit of adventure head on over to Boomers! You are sure to keep them busy all day with the arcades, laser tag, bumper boats, rock climbing, go-carts, and mini golf this fun park offers. Much of the activities are outdoors so you can still enjoy the beautiful South Florida weather!
4. I cannot say enough about Gumbo Limbo Nature Center! Located on 20 acres within Red Reef Park, this nature center is a great place to learn all about South Florida plants and animals. My kids always love the live feedings at the marine aquariums stocked with sharks, sea turtles.
5. During warm summer months cool of by heading over to Coconut Cove Water Park for sliding, river riding and hopping the lily pad walk. Best of all—it’s a fraction of the price of the big name water parks.
Boca Raton is a beautiful vacation destination perfectly located between Miami and Palm Beach. I hope that the list of my family’s favorite Boca Raton spots will help you plan out your Boca Raton family vacation.
I wish you a fun filled, sunny vacation full of memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.